Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas gifts - last year's top secret

For my first Christmas gift reveal, I'll finally show off the top secret gift that I alluded to much of last year. I actually started this gift with the intention of giving it for Christmas 2010, but I multitasked so much and it took a backseat to so many other projects that it wasn't done. So I kept working and finished it in July.
The idea began a couple years ago when my Mother-in-law and I were shopping the craft section together, and she noticed a booklet of afghan designs. She commented that the one on the cover was pretty, but we both left the booklet at the store. A few weeks later, my husband and I were out shopping, and I saw the same booklet, clearance priced no less! So I picked it up and planned to make the cover afghan for my MIL. I had some trouble with the individual squares curling as I finished them, but once I worked the yellow border and joined them, everything straightened right out. I was very happy with the results, even though I was ready for it to be done after a little over a year.  It was received very  well!

No comments:

Post a Comment